Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life

I stood, face turned to the fiery sun
Your light blazing down upon my skin
Your warmth drawing life from the earth around me

I stood, buffeted in the untamed wind
Your breath blowing madly through my hair
Your cool winds bringing in the life giving storm

I stood, pelted in the thrashing downpour
Your tears falling in torrents on my up turned face
Your refreshing rains flooding life into the sodden ground

The blackened sky was rent asunder
As lightening flashed and the thunder roared
The howling wind releasing Your life giving power

I felt to my knees surrounded by the raging tempest
Drenched in your overwhelming might
caught in the fury of the storm

Buffeted and tossed by the ferocious gale
I feel un-hearing to the naked earth
hope and direction drowned in a maze of fear

I awake, tenderly kissed by a gently breeze
Your warm rays stealing away the icy chill of dark
Your world awakening to a brand new day

I gaze, through bright eyes washed clean with tears
at Your lush, green, emerging world
Your seeds of death flowering forth the joy of life reborn

I turned my worn but joy filled heart to Your shining face
and I smiled that your life had come to grow
Through the maelstrom You had hurled. 

No comments: