Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year - New Start - Goddess Card for 2011

Happy New Year! So we start 2011. Seems like the last year flew by faster than ever. It has been a year of trials and growth and change (rather traumatic change at that.) But the year ahead is new and fresh and a clean page to be written on.

That said I started my New Years traditions last night. I have a tradition that every year I pick out a card from each of my oracle and Tarot Decks and take them as kind of like a theme for the coming year. It was interesting to me that as I picked the cards that both of the Tarot decks that I picked from gave me the same card. Something to think about as I plan for and pursue my goals this year.

The first card I always pick is from my Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards (Doreen Virtue, Ph. D)
This year like last year I picked Maeve. I learned a lot working with her. Once I actually did the work to understand who she was. It is complicated because so many of the Goddesses over lap or have similar names or even over lap with mortal kings and queens. This is what the card says about Maeve.

"Honor the cycles of your body, energy levels, and emotions" 

Message from Maeve - " All of life is cyclical: the moon, the stars and the very universe. Life inhales and then exhales again. So why should you be surprised or upset that you too have cycles? There are times when you feel energized, awake, and alive. There are other times when you feel isolated and shy. Your body, too, goes through pronounced cycles and changes. Celebrate these rhythms, and embrace them as the essence of the lifeblood that courses through you!"

Various Meanings of This Card:  Female gynecological changes (starting menses or menopause, for example) are an issue for you. Make time to rest. Initiate steps to alleviate depression or lethargy. Take better care of your body. Seek support for dealing with emotional crises. Allow yourself to grieve or take time off. Know that this lull won't last forever. A door way of opportunity has opened up, and you need to  walk through it now.

About Maeve (pronounced Mayv): A Celtic goddess, Maeve celebrates her femininity. Here sexual appetite is legendary, and she's been said to favor kings as her lovers. Legend says that Maeve invoked labor pains on an army seeking to invade her land, and that she demanded  that the battle cease during her menstrual cycle. Call upon Maeve for relief from pain associated with feminine cycles, including menstruation, labor and delivery and menopause.

No comments: