Saturday, March 26, 2011

Answers to some questions....

I've had a few people ask me some questions about what I post in my blog. They were interested in knowing why I do studies of the different Gods and Goddesses, why I do herb studies and so on. So I thought that I would elaborate on that.

Some of the things that I post are from assignments that I have done for the classes that I have taken at the Magickal Circle School. They are designed to help me learn more about the particular topics of the class but also to help me connect more with the Lord and Lady and nature. As I work on these assignments and explore the different deities I learn more not only about the nature of the God and Goddess but of myself. The deeper I dive into understanding them, the archetypes, and the historical understanding and impact the closer I draw to her that is the source of all things. This deepens and strengthens not only my tie to the Goddess and her consort but it helps me to know myself, to grow and deepen my spiritual walk.

So why the herbal stuff and the gemstone stuff?
Well the herbal stuff is research that I have done which I think is helpful for me because not only is it a good exercise in research and practice using herbs but it helps me to retain what I have read, or practiced. For me when I write things down in my own words they become more ingrained in my mind and I am more easily able to remember them. As well all of these are in my Grimoire (which is my herbal book of shadows for all intents and purposes.) As well there really are a lot of lazy people out there who won't do the research for themselves. In sharing here, hopefully some will read and see that there are pros and cons to using herbs - especially if you dont know what is safe and what is not. There are many people who don't understand that there can be issues using certain herbs... even common herbs- if they don't know what they are doing. So my sharing those projects here is out of concern for sharing good information and helping people be aware.

The stone studies are simple there because I love working with stones.

As always, I welcome any and all feedback.
I hope you have a blessed day!
Raiwvynn

No comments: