Saturday, March 26, 2011

Magical House Keeping - Kitchen Cleaning

I had a friend ask me the other day why I chanted while I house clean. It was kind of funny because a couple years ago I would have had the same question if I saw someone chanting while they scrubbed the floor or cupboards. So I thought I would explain - and share some of the chants/blessings that I use when I am cleaning my home. 


I think that what it boils down to for me is that I want to make sure that I have the most positive energy possible in my home. When I take the time to cleanse, clean and bless my home I am moving negative energy out of my home and drawing positive energy in. Now people say well can't you just do a general house cleansing and blessings and I say off course you can. This is just a personal choice that helps me to find balance and peace in my home. 


I currently have a relative living with me. He is a great guy but the truth is that he is in a stressful situation right now and when he comes home from work you can often feel the negative energy hovering around him. The first thing that he does is make himself something to eat. It only takes him a few minutes to settle down and let go of that negative energy but where do you think it goes?  So that energy that he brings in gets immediately dumped into my kitchen. Believe me that is not the kind of energy that I want to have filling up my not so big kitchen. So when I clean I also cleanse the energy of my kitchen. Sometimes it is simply singing which moves the energy. Sometime it is actually chanting something specific. Sometimes it is speaking a blessing. Sometimes you might even catch me dancing around the kitchen. What do all of these things have in common? They raise and move energy.


I also have blessings for my appliances. Why? Well think about it. All of our appliances use energy - they heat our food, cool our food, chop, whirl etc etc. What better way of getting positive energy into our food than blessing those appliances, the energy that they use and that they give off. I can't see that it would be a negative things at all.


 I am not saying I use them every time I wipe down an appliance or clean my counters but when I do a good cleaning I love the energy that flows from a cleansed and blessed kitchen (or bathroom or livingroom or any room for that matter!) That said I will share some of the chants and blessings that I use when cleaning. Some are serious but most have some element of fun. I hope you enjoy them. 


Feel free to use them if you like but please don't post them elsewhere without asking - as they are my original writing.



 a chant to use while cleaning your counters.

Meals for my family and meals for my mate
On your clean surfaces I will create
Whether cooking or crafting or mixing a brew
You lend your aid to whatever I do
So cleaning you now is the task I employ
To help fill this kitchen with magick and joy

A Blessing for Cupboards and Drawers

Behind you are hidden the tools of my craft
From garden and forest and even from Kraft
Blessings in boxes and jars on your shelves
Things to bring healing and health to ourselves
So blessings upon you my cupboards and drawers
And thanks for protecting what’s hid by your doors.

Fridge Blessing
On the cold depths of freezer and fridge
I place this blessing to help cross the bridge
From mundane to magick your aid I request
That all who eat from you will be pleasantly blessed
So guardian of condiment, veggie, fruit and meat
Blessed are you that holds what we eat

Stove/Oven Blessing
Source of heat to cook our food
With the power of fire our meal’s imbued
Blessings upon you the source of the heat
That cooks all my veggies, my grains and my meat
Magick you bring on whatever I brew
Blessings upon you for all that you do

Microwave Blessing
Fast and quick you reheat our food
Whether boiled or brewed or even if stewed
You light the fire and you bring relief
Because you make reheating so incredibly brief
Bless us with magick upon the mundane
As you are a link in my strong kitchen chain

Coffee Maker
Maker of the bitter drink
I would rather toss down the sink
Send your blessings to my guy
Cause without his coffee he would cry
Bless this house with the morning scent
A magick moment joyfully spent

Food Processor
Whirling, spinning, chopping, ground
The uses of the processer sound
Saving fingers as food flows
You take the burden of chopping woes
Continued blessings we ask of you
Add your magick through and through

Blender Blessing
Spinning magick, swirling food
With the power of four imbued
So beat and whip and mix and blend
Bless with magick as your path you wend
Blender magick as you whirl
Let sweet magic around us swirl

Toaster Oven
A place for toast or pop tarts sweet
You cook all things from bread to meat
You warm and brown, you broil and bake
Adding warmth to all I make
Bless the house with your toasty heat
Bless all in this kitchen who would pause to eat

Slow Cooker
When life is all crazy, just hurry and rush
When the running around leaves me all in a flush
You pour out the blessings of food cooked on time
To simply sit down to a meal is divine
No hurry, no rushing a blessing indeed
Thank you dear crock pot for from cooking I’m freed


Raiwvynn Dusana Windsong


1 comment:

CousinLinda said...

Thank you so much! I've wanted chants like these for a while, but I haven't known where to begin writing my own. Your examples are a great place to start! Thanks for sharing.